Sailor Dress and Sailor Hat sewing pattern BUNDLE for 18" doll PDF
Sailor dress and sailor hat patterns for 18″ doll such as American Girl or Australian Girl, made to match the original Tie Dye Diva Seaside Sailor patterns! Both patterns are included in this pattern bundle.
Seaside Sailor Dress and Seaside Sailor Hat patterns for dolly look just like the girl-sized patterns but are redesigned for easy dressing by little hands. Dolly sized sailor hat makes an adorable mini-topper for pageant wear, too!
One size fits most 18″ dolls.
Recommended sewing experience: Beginner/Advanced Beginner
• Light to midweight cotton or cotton-blend fabric, 44” wide:
o Dress: ¼ yard
o Bodice liner: scrap at least 6” x 16”
o Collar: scrap at least 12” x 7”
o Tie: scrap at least 14” x 2”
• 3 sew-in or press-in snaps OR 1.5″ piece of ¾” wide hook-and-loop-tape such as Velcro™ for dress closure
• 1 tiny sew-in snap OR small piece of hook-and-loop-tape such as Velcro™ for ties
• Optional ¼” wide trim (baby rickrack, ribbon, middy braid, etc), 18” for each row of trim desired on collar, plus 24” for hem of dress.
• Total 1/4 yard midweight cotton or cotton blend fabric, 44” wide, such as cotton quilting fabric, flannel, lightweight denim or chambray. If using 2 fabrics, ¼ yard of each of two fabrics will make two hats.
• 1/6 yard fusible interfacing (20” wide)